Monday, April 16, 2012

Shep came and visited!

Although only for a very short trip, Shep came and visited Kyle and me this weekend! On Saturday, Shep and his buddy met us in San Jose for a fun lunch. We went to place called, "Wing Stop" and it even had one of the cool soda dispensers where you can choose from 100s of drink combinations. I definitely enjoyed my hawaiian boneless wings with a diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper! Kyle of course had atomic wings (when does he NOT choose the most spicy item on the menu??). Kyle enjoyed seeing Shep and talking about how school was going, and I know he is excited to show him what he learns each step of the way.



Saturday night Kyle and I ventured out to the land of the unknown! We're still trying to find our way around town, and although it took us a few wrong turns, we eventually made it to Santana Row. It is such a cute street full of expensive stores like burberry, gucci, and some fun ones like lululemon. I would probably describe it as a smaller, cheaper version of rodeo drive ;-)

Anyway, we went and ate at the Yard House. I would've liked to walk around a little more than we did, but getting anywhere fast is out of the question with Kyle's knee. It IS getting better though, his PT told him that he no longer has to wear the brace in the house and in about a week he'll get to get rid of it all together! He's so excited!
The rest of the weekend wasn't too exciting, we rented "Rum Diary" with Johnny Depp and it was a pretty good movie and Kyle studied for a good majority of Sunday. I have a phone interview on Wednesday I'm looking forward to with our apartment community and of course teaching my dance classes. Hopefully I have students this week!! I also wanted to give my brother Austin a shout out, he ended up qualifying for State with his speech for speech and debate! He'll be in San Fran the weekend of April 28th, and hopefully he'll let me go and watch!! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment