Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm the worst blogger ever.


I am clearly the worst blogger ever. It must be because I'm alone on such a "romantic" holiday, that I've found time to create a post. So very much has happened in the last two weeks. Here is a (not so) quick recap.

After learning about Kyle hurting his knee on Friday night, Jan. 27th, we still didn't quite know the severity until the MRI results came in the following Monday. It turns out it was very serious and they wanted him in surgery the following day. So on Tuesday, Jan. 31st, at 5:45 in the morning, I flew out to San Jose to be with Kyle and help him recover from surgery.

The flight alone got off to a horrible start, I woke up AN HOUR LATE! Instead of getting up at 3:30, I woke up at 4:30! I made it to the airport, parked my car, and printed out my ticket at 5:05. Can you believe it? Then I got in line for security, waiting longer than usual, get up to the front, for them to tell me the kiosk only printed out the second part of my flight (from Phoenix to San Jose)! I had to run back up the escalator, cut the line, have the woman print out my correct ticket, go back through security, get on the train to the terminal, to then realize that my gate is the last possible gate in the terminal and the screen already says "boarding." After sprinting through 4!!!! moving sidewalks, I run up to the gate and am the last one on the plane. When I get into the plane every passenger looks annoyed that I made them wait, and as I load my bag into the overhead bin, the mesh part on top gets caught, and my bag is stuck! It got so tangled it took myself, the flight attendant, and one kind person to help get the bag out and into a different bin! It was so embarrassing. Needless to say, I was very happy when I finally landed in San Jose!

But on a good note, Kyle's surgery went well. It was supposed to last 1.5 hours, but it took almost 5! The doctor was happy with his work, however he did have to remove Kyle's lateral meniscus and he will have to eventually have another surgery to replace it. My week in San Jose was full of movie watching, running errands, and cooking! I made a baked ziti dish, turkey and bean chili, and pork tacos/fajitas. We were able to freeze some for Kyle to heat up later which was the plan!

Here is Kyle asleep the day after surgery. Isn't he cute all covered in my pink decor??

I flew back on Sunday just in time for my promotion before the Superbowl. At first I couldn't find where I parked my car though! I knew exactly where it was, but I thought I was on the west side (where my car actually was) but I must have gotten mixed up in the airport because I was really on the EAST side! After the car fiasco, and after I de-snowed my car, I made it to my promotion, and then went back to Janelle's for a fun Superbowl fiesta! The following week I babysat Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and on Tuesday and Thursday I helped Kelly in the Broncos office. She was stressed because her favorite doggie died and the JDBC end of the year party was on Saturday! The party turned out to be a success though, and my time chart worked wonders! I even got some great gifts from my favorite young ladies and they were all sad to hear my departure plans.

Then, on Sunday, Janelle "surprised" me (she gave me a little head's up) and we all went out to the Rio Mexican restaurant for a last girls night with me in Colorado! It was fun, but sad to think that I won't be able to do things like that anymore! I know that I'll still come visit though, and hopefully they will visit me!

That brings me...finally...to TODAY! It is February 14th, and exactly five years ago, on this date, Kyle took me on our first date. He picked me up after I danced at a CU basketball game, and took me to the MED, one of my favorite Boulder restaurants (until Kyle's graduation when Jamie had a cockroach in her food!). Even with only one leg, he still sent me some beautiful flowers. He knows how much I love lilies, because they take forever to bloom, last a long time, and smell delicious. The arrangement is gorgeous, and I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day.


And now that you've read an entire book, you are finally caught up in my life! I have another busy week with a Cherry Creek Basketball game tomorrow, a charity Thursday, and babysitting and a farewell dinner Friday. I'm leaving next Wednesday so there is a lot to be done! I promise I'll be a better blogger now that I'm caught up! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment