Monday, February 27, 2012

My Journey Back to Cali!

After six long years, I'm finally back to where I'm from!

I left Colorado last Wednesday morning, pretty early, and was actually really sad to leave Janelle's house! Her two doggies, Miles and Henry were so cute and lovable, that I'm going to really miss those guys!! I am so thankful to have such a great friend, and that she has a very understanding husband, because she made my last two months in Colorado very enjoyable. When I left Janelle's, I made her a very cute candy gram...


 (I think she really liked it!!)

On Wednesday, I drove for about 12 hours straight! I started in Stapleton, and after only making a few stops, ended in Las Vegas, where Marla and the Kaplan's let me, so generously, stay in their home. After driving through some wet, awful, snow through the Rocky Mountains, I then experienced some beautiful  sights in Utah and Arizona. Here are some pictures I took through my car window...

Here is my first picture outside of "Colorful Colorado," as I head into the Utah rock formations!

These mountain/rocks reminded me of the flatirons!


Here is a picture of me entering Arizona.

Here was a beautiful sunset. However, the picture doesn't look that pretty, and you can really tell how gross my windshield was! The bugs were so... gross!!


Marla was so nice to let me stay with their family on Wednesday night when I was driving through. They fed me and gave me a place to stay! I couldn't be more thankful!! One thing I didn't know about them, was how many cute dogs they had! Their smallest one, Ella, was so precious. She jumped on my bed, and automatically laid on her back to get her belly rubbed!!

Look at Ella!

I left early Thursday morning to continue my drive into the San Fernando Valley to stay with my mom. Here is a pretty picture of me leaving Las Vegas Thursday morning.


I made it to lunch with my mom around 12:30! I made great time! I spent two fun days with my mom, and even helped Caroline get ready for the Father Daughter Sweetheart Dance! Her hair looked so cute! I wish I had a picture of it! Then, Christie and I sold raffle tickets at the event and then went and ate at Stonefire with Cassidee! Saturday, I left to go eat breakfast with my dad, then drove to my grandmas, and then made it into San Jose around 7pm. The place was a mess, so I'm sure Kyle is glad to have his "maid" back (and I can help him take care of his knee too!). So I think that catches everyone up on my life! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Yes I LOVED my candy graham! I finally took it a part last night... :( I'm eating my nerds right now at work :) Miss you my friend....can't believe it's been 6 years already! xoxo

    ReplyDelete