Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Meals...I'm getting creative!

So last night I decided to pull out a cook book and make something new! (Kyle and) I have gotten really good about saving money by cooking every night. I'm usually doing my same old chicken, veggie, rice, turkey chili, pasta with meat sauce, or tacos! I decided that since I have some free time, I should be trying new recipes! Here's a pic of what I made last night...it was DELICIOUS! 
Ok...so kind of hard to see, but I made corn bread muffins that turned out fabulous! I took the box recipe and added frozen corn and then spread a little bit of honey butter over the top. Yum! Of course we ate of ton of green beans too! Now on to the main course:
Turkey Meatloaf!!
I sautéed onion, green and red bell peppers, and baby leaf spinach. At the same time, I toasted two pieces of whole wheat bread, and crumbled it into a bowl. I then poured 2/3 cup of skim milk over the crumbles. Then I add the onion mixture into the bowl with bread crumbs and also added salt and pepper, nutmeg, one egg, and 2lbs of ground turkey. I mixed it with my hands, and then formed four mini loafs on a cookie sheet. I baked it for 45 mins at 375 degrees! So easy! 
Kyle and I will definitely be eating this at least once a month!!
Hopefully more good recipes will be on here soon!

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmmy! Sounds like a meal I will make here tomorrow! ;) Happy for you, and glad you and Kyle enjoyed it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete